An exceptional opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Developer to join a UK-based construction company software development department.
PiLON is an award-winning, multi-trade contractor, providing planned maintenance and refurbishment of buildings for the social housing and education sectors across London and the South East.
The company is a fast-growing company with a unique focus on innovative and award-winning approach to technology.
What we are looking for:
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer and lead engineer, you will help the company to develop new digital products that support PiLON’s mission of digital innovation and sustainability in providing planned maintenance and refurbishment of buildings for the social housing and education sectors.
You will be working alongside our existing team of one on-site software engineer, two freelance developers, a project, and a product manager to develop new digital products, refactor existing ones, and integrate our new or existing apps with our clients’ systems.
Our stack: PHP, Laravel, VueJS, ReactJS, Docker, Linux, Jenkins, Mariadb, Redis, Amazon EBS, EC2, Git, Jira, Confluence, Slack
As such we are looking for someone with knowledge in some of these technologies:
- A backend coding language: PHP (Laravel or Symphony), NodeJS, Python
- Experience with a JS frameworks: Vue, Angular, or React.
- AWS services and tools
- Service-oriented architecture, Microservices patterns, Docker & server orchestration- CI / CD pipelines- Agile / Scrum
- Cache and message brokers (Redis or Rabbit MQ)
- Experience in taking technical ownership of a specific application, product, or infrastructure.
- Technical experience- Keen to work with new and emerging technology.
- Collaborative nature, keen to learn and share knowledge with others.
Working at PiLON
The team works in a relaxed open plan office, with an informal atmosphere.
A collaborative approach is encouraged – and we try to make this a fun and productive place to work, where we can always learn new things.
PiLON offers competitive salaries, as well as the following employee benefits:
- 23 days + bank holidays
- Pension contributions – statutory
- Free tea & coffee on site
- Free on-site parking (Bracknell only)
- Team social activities including summer BBQ and Christmas party
- Flexible hours
Headquartered near London, in Bracknell, PiLON has engineering and operations teams in Bracknell and London.
Applicants will need to possess existing right to work in the UK to successfully apply for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00 to £55,000.00 /year
If this is of interest, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.